The Final Breath
David Dalton
2024-09-12 01:00:12 UTC
(Ron Hynes, who died a few years ago, was Newfoundland’s
best-known songwriter; his most well known song is
Sonny’s Dream, sometimes known as Sonny in Ireland .)

I think Ron Hynes's song The Final Breath, from his CD
Face to the Gale, and which is the theme song for the movie
Secret Nation, references the five elements Earth, Water, Air,
Fire, and I think Spirit, in the following lines:

"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation"
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs Her
head to find herself faded a shadow of what she once was" (S. McL.)
David Dalton
2024-09-12 02:50:00 UTC
Post by David Dalton
(Ron Hynes, who died a few years ago, was Newfoundland’s
best-known songwriter; his most well known song is
Sonny’s Dream, sometimes known as Sonny in Ireland .)
I think Ron Hynes's song The Final Breath, from his CD
Face to the Gale, and which is the theme song for the movie
Secret Nation, references the five elements Earth, Water, Air,
"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation"
You can listen to it here: